National Analyst at Voluntas Meaningful Societies in Tunis (Aug 2022)
National Analyst Program at Voluntās Meaningful Societies
About Voluntās (Latin: will, goal, purpose, meaning)
Voluntas is a consultancy that puts purpose above profit and aims to fundamentally change how human potential is led and realized. In our Meaningful Societies pillar, we provide fact-based policy options and recommendations based on extensive research and analysis in fragile and conflict-affected regions. Our goal is to have a positive, sustainable impact on populations affected by crisis to improve their living standards and access to rights. We collect data, conduct analytics, and generate insights for both the private and public sectors. We use our insights to underpin strategic thinking and evidence-based decision making.
We work extensively in the Middle East and North Africa region with a wide range of clients including UN agencies, international NGOs, major donors, and private companies. Our projects focus on policy and programming, research, needs assessments, perception studies, context monitoring, and monitoring and evaluation. We work on thematic areas such as governance, conflict resolution, political economy, informality, migration, prevention of violent extremism, youth, gender, human rights, employment, health, water, food security, and WASH.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals for our 12-month analyst program. Analysts will have the opportunity to work at our office in Tunis and potentially one of our other global locations. The program is designed to maximize the analyst’s own potential while providing a hands-on opportunity to experience a wide variety of assignments with our international clients and partners. Analysts will contribute to our work by applying critical and creative thinking on research and analysis and by supporting our consultants on projects.
As an analyst, you will serve as a full-time member of our team and receive day-to-day coaching from experienced colleagues.
- You put honesty above compassion
- You put self-awareness above self-confidence
- You put facts above emotions
- You put humbleness and hard work above good intentions
- Conducting desk research
- Quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
- Contributing to business development
- Contributing to project and methodology design (including scoping, sampling, instrument development, and analytical frameworks)
- Conducting interviews with relevant stakeholders
- Developing presentations and reports
- Providing administrative support and input to internal strategic processes
- Bachelor´s or License degree or higher in economics, political science, international development, international law, or similar field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Arabic; French is a strong asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated interest in international issues and in particular, the Middle East and/or Africa region
- Results-oriented mindset
- Intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness
- High level of personal initiative, accountability, and a strong work ethic
- Cultural awareness and ability to work in a team
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with statistical and Visualization software (SPSS, Excel, Tableau, PowerBI) is a strong asset
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume (CV), grade transcript, and a cover letter addressing the three points below:
- Write a short story about who you are as a human being
- Tell us what the most inspiring project imaginable for you at Voluntās would be (not a current Voluntās project)
- Describe the three biggest weaknesses you will bring to Voluntās
The cover letter and CV must be written in English. Selected candidates will be invited for a written test/assessment followed by interviews to discuss their self-awareness, interests, and experience.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please note, applicants must hold Tunisian citizenship and be enrolled in a university program in Tunisia.
Deadline: Friday, July 15, 2022.
To ensure all people are treated equally regardless of ethnicity, gender, and age, we encourage all applicants NOT to include pictures, names, or years of birth in their application.
The one-year program is planned to start August 1, 2022 and will be remunerated with a monthly amount.
For any inquiries feel free to contact Rebecca John (firstname.lastname@example.org).